The Unit assists government agencies to identify national and international best practices for replication and scaling up.
The Unit has encouraged those ministries that have the most direct interaction with citizens- Path Finder Ministries– to research and foster innovations suggested by their employees. High impact proposals currently under development include:
· Ministry of Home Affairs- Simplifying the Passport Process to Improve Service Delivery.
· Ministry of Land- Engaging Public Sector Employees to Simplify Processes for Land Records Supplied from District Commissioners’ Offices.
· Ministry of Health and Family Welfare-Transparency in Procurement and Accountability in Leave Management.
· Ministry of Agriculture- Improving Results for Citizens through New Management of Fertilizer and Seed Programs.
· Local Government Division- Improving Service Delivery by Disbursing Funds Directly to Bank Accounts of the Union Parishads.
· Ministry of Education-Cutting Red Tape by Simplifying the System for Monthly Payment Orders (MPO) to Teachers.
· Ministry of Mass and Primary Education- Streamlining Process to Ensure On Time Text Book Delivery
Immediate – April - June 2013
· Obtain an Innovation Challenge Proposal from each of the Path Finder Ministries.
· Complete implementation plans for these proposals during the Harvard University training program on Strategic Leadership for Innovation.
· Develop innovation case assessment guidelines.
· Partner with A2i
Short -Term– July - December 2013
· Create an innovation recognition program that recognizes the work of teams and individuals in creating innovations to serve citizens.
· Conduct a second generation call for service delivery innovations. Public servants who send in service delivery innovations will be highlighted on the GIU website.
· Partner with A2i.
· Develop seven case studies for use in Schools of Public Administration; one from each of the Path Finder Ministries.
· Partner with A2i.
ড. গওহর রিজভী